A quick and easy method to contact the relevant authority/department for issues across a range of council services in Thetford.
The historical power associated with the town is represented by an impressive collection of regalia including the Sword of State (one of only 27 towns in the country to have the honour) and the Ceremonial Mace (a replica of that in the Houses of Parliament).
Henry VIII granted the privilege of a sword of office and a sword bearer in 1532. The current Sword of State and Great Mace were donated to the town by Sir Joseph Williamson in 1675.
The Council has an impressive collection of regalia from as far back as 1633.
Kings James’ former palace in Thetford is now appropriately called King’s House.